Vocal Europe , – a Brussels based Think Tank, has been training young professionals via structured trainings and mentorship programs to empower them with competences that would facilitate their access to the job market. In that respect, a professional training on EU Proposal Development and Project Management Training is being offered in cooperation with Science 14.
The training aims at providing a thorough understanding of the EU Grants, and will allow the participants to acquire the theoretical and practical fundamentals of project management.
At the end of the training, the newly trained Project Officer will be able to
- comprehend how the EU Grants function
- work in the frame of funded projects of EU and non-EU calls
- will be able to write and fine-tune the technical project proposals
- implement and monitor project activities, budget, time schedules and work packages
The training will aim at teaching the participants the skills and knowledge that can allow them to apply for the following positions:
- Project Officer
- Project Assistant
- Junior Project Manager
At the end of the training, Vocal Europe will select two participants based on their performance during the training to offer two traineeship vacancies. The selected participants will have the opportunity to do a three-month internship at Vocal Europe.
The training is dedicated to diplomats, EU officials, members of private sector, NGOs, students and individuals who are interested in deepening their knowledge on the functioning of the EU Grants and Project Management.
A certificate of attendance, which is signed by Mr Henri Malosse, 30th President of European Economic and Social Committee, will be provided to participants at the end of the training.
The training, which consists of 4 essential parts and lasts 12 consecutive hours, will be instructed on 20-21 March 2020.
Each part will comprise of 3 hours, and upon the completion of all parts the participant will receive an official certification, attesting participation in the training.
- MODULE I – Project management basics and tools: the logical framework (2 hours)
- MODULE II – Partnership: proposal writing and partnership coordination (3 hours)
- MODULE III – Part I: Financing: funding opportunities, calls & application forms analysis (3 hours)
- MODULE III – Part II: Financing: funding opportunities, calls & application forms analysis (1 hour)
- MODULE IV – Project management: budget, monitoring, performance audit & accounting (3 hours)
20 March 2020
- 09h00 – 13h00 (Part I)
- 13h00 – 14h00 (Lunch Break)
- 14h00 – 18h00 (Parts II, III)
21 March 2020
- 09h00 – 13h00 (Part IV)
- 13h00 — (End of the Training)
The entire training will take place at Copernico Science 14 Head Quarter (Rue de la Science 14B, 1040 Brussels)
*Should the venue of training change, Vocal Europe will notify the participants at least 7 working days before the training.
400 Euros (VAT included)
Christine Kotarakos Poncelet, Senior Trainer
The Deadline and Registration
15 March 2020
The registration is now open for participants who plan to attend the training. Due to limited seats available you are encouraged to register early by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by using “EU Project Management Training” as a subject. Please do not forget to attach your updated CV to the e-mail. Once we receive your e-mail, we will send you the registration form with all the details.
IMPORTANT NOTE | Language of instruction is English.